Thursday, June 18, 2009

Experience the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Good News ReflectionSolemnity of Most Sacred Heart of JesusJune 19, 2009
Today's Readings:Hosea 11:1, 3-4, 8c-9Isaiah 12:2-6Ephesians 3:8-12, 14-19 John 19:31-37http://www.usccb.org/nab/061909.shtmlAudio: http://ccc.usccb.org/cccradio/NABPodcasts/09_06_19.mp3
Experience the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Using the scriptures from the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, let's find out what it means to be loved by God. Read today's first scripture by substituting your own name for "Israel" and "Ephraim" (and of course, if you are a female, change "son" to "daughter"). Change "Egypt" to a problem you suffered when you were young. For example:
Thus says the Lord:When Terry was a child I loved her,out of occult involvement I called my daughter.It was I who taught Terry to walk,who took her in My arms;I drew her with human cords,with bands of love;I fostered her like onewho raises an infant to his cheeks;Yet, though I stooped to feed my child,she did not know that I was her healer.
Then read today's responsorial from Isaiah with the same personal angle, but now let it be the adult you of whom the verses speak:
God indeed is my savior, rescuing me from my troubled past.I am confident and unafraid.My strength and my courage come from the Lord,and he is my savior.With joy I will draw waterat the fountain of salvation.etc.
For the second reading, let the author, Paul, speak directly to you:
For this reason I kneel before the Father,asking him to bless you according to the riches of his gloryso that you are strengthened with the power of the Holy Spirit,so that Christ dwells in your heart through faith,so that you will be rooted and grounded in love,so that you may have strength to comprehend with all the holy oneswhat is the breadth and length and height and depthof the love that Christ has for you, which surpasses knowledge,so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
As you read the scriptures this way, do you feel any healing taking place? Are you more aware of God's tremendous love for you? THIS is what it means to experience the Sacred Heart of Jesus — the heart that in today's Gospel reading was pierced for your sake.
For a printable copy of this that can be shared with others for meditations, healing services, etc., please go to Catholic Digital Resources at http://catholicdr.com/calendar/June/SacredHeart.htm.
© 2009 by Terry A. ModicaFor PERMISSION to copy any of my reflections, go to:http://gogoodnews.net/DailyReflections/copyrights-DR.htm
Seeking a past reflection?Click this button to register for the searchable Archive Library of the Good News Reflections. One week access is free as a special gift to subscribers of these emailed reflections.
WAS THIS FORWARDED TO YOU BY A FRIEND?To sign up for your own subscription, go to:http://gogoodnews.net/DailyReflections
Why do I need you as a partner in my daily ministry?Please help with a donation, including non-financial support. Good News Ministries affects countless lives around the world, including in countries where people have no Catholic Mass and where Christianity is persecuted. continue...
Note: Good News Ministries is a non-profit organization that accepts donations as support for its ministries but does not charge for anything. Catholic Digital Resources™ is my employment through which I provide my writing services; the income from this (although very small at these early stages) will eventually support the future growth and projects of Good News Ministries. Please spread the word; tell your DRE, RCIA Director, pastor, etc. about what's available for parishes at Catholic Digital Resources™.
______________________________________________________________This is the "Good News Reflections - Early Edition" mailing list.MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION:Change your addressUnsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

To subscribe for your own copy of Good News Reflections "by Terry Modica of "Good News Ministries" just follow the link http://gogoodnews.net/DailyReflections